Welcome to Postman API series, In this post, we will see how to install and setup Postman tool on Windows.
Few things about Postman:
Postman is a tool for End to End API testing, it is available in Free and Premium versions.
Postman platform provides all necessary tools for any API testing right from the design to full production.
What Postman offers to YOU:
- you can quickly and easily send REST, SOAP, and GraphQL requests directly within Postman.
- Automate manual tests and integrate them into your CI/CD pipeline to ensure that any code changes won’t break the API in production.
- Communicate the expected behavior of an API by simulating endpoints and their responses without having to set up a backend server.
- Generate and publish beautiful, machine-readable documentation to make your API easier to consume.
- Stay up-to-date on the health of your API by checking performance and response times at scheduled intervals.
- Provide a shared context for building and consuming APIs, and collaborate in real-time with built-in version control.
Important Links for Postman
Step by Step Installation Guide for Postman on Windows
Step1: Go to Postman downloads page and click on “Download” [Please select your bit size].
Step2: Double click on “Downloaded File” to start the installation wizard.
Step3: Create an Account in Postman to dive into the World of APIs.
Check your email and activate Postman account
Step4: Setup initial things like your Name, Profile Photo, Role and Purpose of using Postman.
Step5: Invite your Team – This step is optional – You can skip it.
Step6: You’re done – Welcome to Postman ❤️
This is all for now 🙂
Want to see Postwoman ? , Here you go 🙂