Welcome to Keren Automation, In this tutorial, we will learn about C# and Visual Studio IDE for C# development.
- C# is a general-purpose, object-oriented programming language from the nest of Microsoft.
- C# is pronounced as “C sharp”.
- C# is developed by the team, led by Anders Hejlsberg in Microsoft and was approved by the European Computer Manufacturers Association (ECMA) and International Standards Organization (ISO).
- The initial version was released in the year 2002.
General Features of C#
- C# is very easy to learn for the people, who have a background in C++, Java.
- C# is a widely used language in Web & Desktop applications.
- C# has its own millions of developer’s hearts, so it has a good and friendly community.
- Since C# is an OOP language, it gives flexibility in re-using the code.
- C# is platform-independent, which means the programs written in C# can be executed in a variety of computing environments.
Technical Features of C#
- Automatic Garbage Collection
- Supports Multi-threading
- Indexers concept.
- Provides LINQ & LAMBDA expressions
Download and Setup Visual Studio IDE in Windows:
- Visual Studio is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) from Microsoft Family to develop Web, Desktop & Mobile Applications.
- Visual Studio has community edition (free) for Students, Opensource developers along with premium versions.
Let’s start installing Visual Studio Community Edition:
Step1: navigate to https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/ and click “Community Edition” to download.
Step2: Double click on downloaded exe file and press continue to proceed installation
Step3: Select ASP.NET and Web Development and click on “Install”.
Step4: Select the theme color and proceed.
Step5: Create a new project to continue or you can skip it.
Step7: Finally you’re done to start programming
Happy Learning 🙂