BRD stands for - Business Requirement Document.
BRD document plays a very important role, as it holds a complete overview of the project and gives a high-level picture of the project. In simpler terms, BRD indicates what the business wants to achieve. The BRD indicates all the project deliverable and the inputs and outputs associated with each process function.
Objectives of a business requirement document:
- To get an agreement among stakeholders
- Communicate to the technology server provider, the business needs, the customer needs, and what the solution needs to do to satisfy business and customer needs
- To determine the input to the next phase of the project
- Describe in details of the needs of the customer and business that the solution intends to meet
BRD contains the following sections:
- A summary statement
- Project objectives
- Needs statement
- Project scope
- Financial statements
- Personal needs
- Schedule, timeline & deadlines
- Cost & Benefit
Business Requirement Document will help you throughout the project lifecycle to keep the deliverable in line with the business and customer needs.
Read more from here : https://reqtest.com/requirements-blog/business-requirements-document-brd/